Say Say Say

I’m having trouble with Blogger’s commenter, do-hicky, majig.

The trouble is I hate it.

I can’t really reply to specific comments and it just doesn’t seem to work as well, or as seamlessly as some of the other blogs I visit.

I tried Disqus but didn’t really care for it. Maybe I just didn’t know how to unleash all it’s goodness and power.

Any ideas? I’m not sure I want to pay to get my blog moved to WordPress simply because of the comments…especially since I just paid for the renovation.

P.S. – I realize WordPress is free. By payment, I’m referring to getting my lovely new design up and over there. Plus, and this is not to be underestimated, I hate change.

6 Responses to Say Say Say
  1. Mixed Handbag
    January 19, 2011 | 5:50 pm

Clearly you ARE having trouble….b/c my very long and extremely motivational & uplifting comment was deleted from your last entry. I am deeply offended and don't think I will ever get over it :0

2. Mixed Handbag
    January 19, 2011 | 5:50 pm

3. justjulia
    January 19, 2011 | 11:51 pm

Less is more little sis.
    And change is EVIL. I agree that the whole reply thing is not working. I tried adding it to my design and am not happy with how it looks and it definitely is not seamless. That said–I will not go over to the dark side (WordPress) not yet anyway… hope you figure something out. If you do, write about it eh? xx

4. justjulia
    January 19, 2011 | 11:51 pm

Less is more little sis.

January 21, 2011 | 9:17 am

@Mixed Handbag

I actually DID get that sweet comment, thank you very much!

Unfortunately, it disappeared, along with my responses to the other comments, when I uninstalled the Disqus.

I'll figure it out..until then, I'll do this cheesy reply thing and you'll have to double check ALL comments for my responses!

January 21, 2011 | 9:17 am

@Mixed Handbag

I actually DID get that sweet comment, thank you very much!