Dirty Little Secret

“A place for everything, and everything in it’s place.”

That’s totally how I live my life and run my house. At this time, we don’t have much by way of decor, but as you can see the house is spotless and minimal…just how I like it.

Living room.

Living room from the stairs.

Kitchen

Playroom
(the shelves haven’t been put up yet, which is why her toys are a little scattered)

Amelia’s Room

Asher’s room

How is it possible? How can I have two kids and a husband who refuses to throw anything out and still maintain a minimalist household? Jealous? Want to know my secret? It’s fantastic…and oh so creative. Well actually it’s simply that we bought a house that has a walk-in closet in EVERY ROOM. So there you have it, my house looks fantastic but holds more than a few dirty little secrets.

Hall Closet

Guest Closet

Guest Closet

Guest Closet

Asher’s Closet – Part 1

Asher’s Closet – Part 2

Amelia’s Closet

Amelia’s Closet
(Elijah wanted to keep the air compressor here for

when we put up the beadboard in her room)

Clearing out the closet clutter is clearly on my “to-do” list this year. I’m already working on the playroom closet, which didn’t make this list because it’s almost completely cleaned out. I can’t help but think that if all of this stuff has been sitting in boxes since we moved from Oklahoma, almost a year ago, do we really need any of it? Can’t I just load all this stuff up and take it to Goodwill for them to sort out? It’s tempting, but I’m afraid Elijah would never forgive me and a week after I took everything out Asher would be looking for that one picture I drew that has that guy with the swords on it fighting that other guy with two heads…from kindergarten…remember? Where is it? Where??? Ugh.
8 Responses to Dirty Little Secret
  1. justjulia
    January 22, 2011 | 6:10 am

i love your house! i love your house. The black and white, the clean lines. Yum, Yum. and i am really looking forward to seeing the changes you make with it. And YAY for tons of storage. Closets are salvation.

2. justjulia
    January 22, 2011 | 6:10 am

January 23, 2011 | 3:00 pm

@justjulia

I can honestly say that our closets have kept me sane. At least they give me the opportunity to unpack at leisure and not live in a constant state of anxiety. 🙂

We're working on Asher's room this weekend and I bought some paint samples for Amelia's room. So excited to be moving forward!!

January 23, 2011 | 3:00 pm

@justjulia

5. mama4x
    February 1, 2011 | 11:33 am

HILARIOUS. Just hilarious. I have gorgeous, clean, organized, perfect, wonderful closets. Every one. The rest of the house… is, uh, less than perfect… def not minimalist!

Missing y'all and looking at houses in Leader ((shudder)).

6. mama4x
    February 1, 2011 | 11:33 am

Missing y'all and looking at houses in Leader ((shudder)).

April 7, 2011 | 3:16 pm