I’ll Be There For You

I can’t explain my continuing love for you, but it’s there. I own, and still enjoy watching, every season. If I’m flipping through channels, I always stop on you becoming completely engrossed as if I don’t know what’s going to happen next. I still find quoting you to be totally relevant, which may explain some of the odd looks I get in social situations, but people who “get me” understand.

• “How you doin’?”
  • “I know!”
  • “We were on a break!”
  • “Smelly cat, smelly cat, what are they feeding you?
      Smelly cat, smelly cat, it’s not your fault.”
  • “Not just a hat rack my friend.”
  • “Fine by me!”
  • “Pivot! Pivot!”
  • “You fell ASLEEEP?!!!”
  •  Rachel to Ross: “And just so you know, it doesn’t happen to every guy, it’s not all that common and it is a big deal.”
    Chandler: “I knew it!”
  • “Ah, salmon skin roll.”
  • “We got some Vicks in some places.”

As far as television shows go these days, in my estimation, nothing has been able to replace you. I long for my “Must See TV,” looking forward to spending Thursdays curled up in front of the television with a beer and some popcorn. Wondering what’s going to happen with Ross & Rachel, being excited to see Monica & Chandler get together, plus at the end they added Paul Rudd. PAUL RUDD!!!!

I will always love you and make room for you in my life. And I promise that once the kids are gone, and I’m retired, I’ll spend an entire week watching every season from beginning to end. After all you’ve given me, I feel like you deserve a little of me in return.

P.S. If this post seems a bit incoherent, it’s because I was actually watching Friends while writing this and it’s totally distracting!

Written in response to a prompt from Mama Kat’s.
#5. Write a love letter to someone (some thing?) you love.
    Mama’s Losin’ It
    22 Responses to I’ll Be There For You
    1. Suzie
      May 12, 2011 | 5:57 am

I still heart Friends, too! It was a GREAT show!!

2. Suzie
      May 12, 2011 | 5:57 am

I still heart Friends, too! It was a GREAT show!!

3. Mama Wants This
      May 12, 2011 | 6:26 am

I love Friends too! Catching a rerun is like a highlight of the evening.

Stopping by from Mama Kat's.

4. Mama Wants This
      May 12, 2011 | 6:26 am

I love Friends too! Catching a rerun is like a highlight of the evening.

Stopping by from Mama Kat's.

5. Stacey
      May 12, 2011 | 8:02 am

We are currently watching Season 8. And I could tell you what was going on when each of those quotes were said! But to this day, the episode that makes me laugh so hard I cry, is the one with Ross and the leather pants. Love that show!

6. Stacey
      May 12, 2011 | 8:02 am

May 12, 2011 | 8:20 am

That is SUCH a good episode. Pretty much all of his dating ones are good – the black light/teeth whitening one comes to mind as well.

May 12, 2011 | 8:20 am

May 12, 2011 | 8:40 am

I know, right? Unfortunately, they only play during dinner in my time zone so I can't catch them as often as I'd like. Last night was a total fluke – and the inspiration for the post!

May 12, 2011 | 8:40 am

11. Jessica
      May 12, 2011 | 8:47 am

Haha…I used to watch Friends all the time. I think I've seen every episode.

12. Jessica
      May 12, 2011 | 8:47 am

Haha…I used to watch Friends all the time. I think I've seen every episode.

13. Adrienne Scanlon
      May 12, 2011 | 9:25 am

Ok, I have WAY too much to say about this. First of all….WITH YOU ALL THE WAY!! We started watching Friends when we lived in France. It was one of the first shows that came on Frenc tv in english with subtitles (instead of with dubbing!) We used to record every episode on our VCR to watch over and over again. Now, of course, we own all the seasons…we, meaning my kids….wonder if I can get them to leave them when they move out?! Might just have to follow you cause of your FRIEND'S LOVE!!!

14. Adrienne Scanlon
      May 12, 2011 | 9:25 am

May 12, 2011 | 10:39 am

I was hoping to find another kindred! My kids are still too young to appreciate Friends, but I'm hoping that when they are old enough the show will still seem relevant, or at least quotable. Who knows, maybe Amelia will be asking for the “Rachel cut” when she's a freshman!

May 12, 2011 | 10:39 am

17. Paulette
      May 12, 2011 | 12:08 pm

Totally 100% agree w/ this! Friends is definitely must see tv at its best!

18. Paulette
      May 12, 2011 | 12:08 pm

Totally 100% agree w/ this! Friends is definitely must see tv at its best!

19. Ruby
      May 12, 2011 | 12:50 pm

I wasn't a huge Friends fan but I watched it occasionally – I remember one episode specifically where Ross got stuck in leather pants & I laughed SO HARD. It was ridiculous lol!

20. Ruby
      May 12, 2011 | 12:50 pm

21. Anne
      May 12, 2011 | 2:02 pm

What a great show and cast. I still remember “We Were On A Break!!!”. You felt like you were one of the gang and just wanted to plop down on the couch at the Central Perk with them!

22. Anne