La La Love You

We kicked off the summer with a visit from our niece Harper. Her parents (Elijah’s brother and sister-in-law) came too, but she’s the main attraction so whatever.

We are now old fogies with kids so we stayed close to home and didn’t partake much of Austin’s nightlife. We did take turns (boys, then girls) having an evening without the babes. Rikki and I spent our free time – OMG CAN YOU BELIEVE WE GOT OUT WITHOUT THE SCREAMING TWO YEAR OLDS! – shopping, getting pedicures, and eating the most amazing meal at Second Bar + Kitchen. If you ever want a great meal, but aren’t quite ready to commit to David Bull’s Congress. Just head to the sister restaurant next door for some wonderfully understated and delicious food. (Plus, there’s no kids menu!)

So since that’s pretty much the highlight of the visit, I’ll just leave you with some pictures of the little ones. It was adorable to see the cousins playing together. Asher treated Harper just like his own little sister chasing her around and letting her climb all over him. Harper is a little over two months older than Amelia and they also got on swimmingly – pun intended.

6 Responses to La La Love You
  1. Rikki Campbell Ogden
    June 20, 2011 | 9:12 am

Kids = Adorable
    Vacation = Relaxing
    Dinner = Awesome… though could have used LESS crazy talk from the next table over! 😉
    As far as I could tell,  a good time was had by all! Hope we get to see you guys again soon.

2. Rikki Campbell Ogden
    June 20, 2011 | 9:12 am

Kids = Adorable
    Vacation = Relaxing

3. Adrienne Scanlon
    June 20, 2011 | 11:03 am

Way to go with the creative planning to get some adult time! And cousin fun is the best…I have years of documented photos as the cousins have grown. Every visit (now the oldest is 24 and the youngest 11) one of the KIDS actually insists on “The Cousin Photo”…They're only all together once (at the most twice) a year, so they've grown to love the photos of “all” of them!!

4. Adrienne Scanlon
    June 20, 2011 | 11:03 am

5. Booyah's Momma
    June 28, 2011 | 1:28 am

Cousins are the best, aren't they?  I always have such good memories growing up with my own cousins; it's so cool to see my kids having similar relationships with theirs.

I do have to say, though… that picture of your son floating face down in the pool made me both giggle and do a double take.

6. Booyah's Momma