I’m on Fire

I have read a ton of books this summer and  I have neither the energy, nor the desire to recap them online. Who knows, maybe I’ll revisit that part of my blog later this year, but for right now, I’ll just leave you with a pictorial list of the reading I’ve done. I can honestly say that I’ve really enjoyed them all. Some more than others, of course, but I can’t think of a single book that I would tell anyone to skip. It’s been a wonderful summer of reading for me.

So there you have it. The SIXTEEN most recent books I’ve read! If you have any questions about any of them, feel free to ask me in the comments. If you’ve read any of them and want to tell me your thoughts, I’d love to hear them.

I can’t imagine I’ll be able to keep this pace up through the rest of the year, but I’ve already accomplished my New Year’s reading goal so I feel like I can relax and read anything that catches my eye. Also, I’ve put a nice sized dent in my “to be read” bookshelf which means I can start buying books again!

8 Responses to I’m on Fire
  1. Adrienne Scanlon
    August 26, 2011 | 8:41 am

Ok, I actually had to DUST the top of the books on my “to be read” bookshelf the other day. But, alas, this is just another thing that will be getting added to the “after my daughter's wedding” list of things to do! Sigh! Couple of these are on that shelf…so great to have taken all this in over the summer!!

2. Adrienne Scanlon
    August 26, 2011 | 8:41 am

3. Mindy
    August 26, 2011 | 11:54 am

Ohh, The Chosen! Did you love it? One of my favorites of all time. I remember one summer in high school I read every Chaim Potok book in the library. I think that was the summer I read every John Steinbeck I could find. Very impressive, long list you have here.

4. Mindy
    August 26, 2011 | 11:54 am

August 30, 2011 | 10:13 pm

I absolutely loved it! I can't believe you read it in high school and never shared it with me. Besides that and Asher Lev what else am I missing?

August 30, 2011 | 10:13 pm

August 30, 2011 | 10:15 pm

I can understand not having the time to finish the books you'd love to read. It remind me of the saying “so many books, so little time” I still have a ways to go and I have found that I'm having trouble trying to get through ALL the books I'd initially bought to read. I sort of go by feel and wait until I'm ready to read the others.

August 30, 2011 | 10:15 pm