Because You’re Mine, I Walk The Line

Many of you know about my failed attempts to quit smoking this year. For those of you who don’t…I’ve failed to quit smoking this year!

Sad, but true. Especially since I was completely smoke free up until this past August. Oh well, we all have our vices. Some are just way more enjoyable and devastating to quit even though it’s so bad for you stinkier than others.

Given my struggles lately, my darling man made me a trade.

This…

For these.

See, I married a clean shaven boy of 19 and have been devastated by his insistence to wear facial hair. I just can’t get on board with the handlebar mustache, nor any of the other freakish ways he’s been trimming it. I hate it…lots. More than he hates my smoking, I imagine, so we made a trade.

And even though I’m grumpy and totally fiening for a cigarette, I think I got the better end of the deal.

Linking this up with those wild and crazyย
iPhone Photo Phun gals:
ย
iPhone Photo Phun
40 Responses to Because You’re Mine, I Walk The Line
  1. Adrienne Scanlon
    November 30, 2011 | 10:48 am

Yup – I agree, you got the best end of the deal….Cause it's a win win for you! Nothing's harder than chasing those habits we love to hate…Good luck!

2. Adrienne Scanlon
    November 30, 2011 | 10:48 am

3. Greta @gfunkified
    November 30, 2011 | 11:24 am

Good luck! That's husband support, right there. And I agree, better without the crazy mustache. ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Greta @gfunkified
    November 30, 2011 | 11:24 am

5. Katie E
    November 30, 2011 | 11:45 am

Haha…love those pictures! And good luck – it will be so much better for you in the long run. And you're right – without facial hair looks much better.

6. Katie E
    November 30, 2011 | 11:45 am

7. Taming Insanity
    November 30, 2011 | 1:21 pm

Quitting smoking is ROUGH. For serious. But at least you've got some proper motivation now.

Because, and let's face it, no smoker cares about their health. I didn't.

8. Taming Insanity
    November 30, 2011 | 1:21 pm

Because, and let's face it, no smoker cares about their health. I didn't.

9. Leighann
    November 30, 2011 | 6:12 pm

I am so proud of you!
    I know it's hard! I SO KNOW!!
    But you can do it.
    I have been smoke free for 4 years in January and do not regret a single day.

10. Leighann
    November 30, 2011 | 6:12 pm

I am so proud of you!
    I know it's hard! I SO KNOW!!
    But you can do it.
    I have been smoke free for 4 years in January and do not regret a single day.

11. Cheryl
    November 30, 2011 | 6:44 pm

That's what I call love! Keeping the handlebar mustache away is all the motivation I would need. ย ๐Ÿ™‚

12. Cheryl
    November 30, 2011 | 6:44 pm

November 30, 2011 | 7:04 pm

I hated that mustache. I like him clean shaven and looking young. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for the luck…I am so needing it right now!

November 30, 2011 | 7:04 pm

November 30, 2011 | 7:04 pm

This totally sucks. But you're right, much better in the long run. And I don't hate looking at my love's face anymore.

November 30, 2011 | 7:04 pm

17. Christina Linnell
    November 30, 2011 | 7:07 pm

Hang in there Marina, I quit 15 years ago and it was totally worth it. Totally tough, but worth it. and you are SOOO right, such a great trade. I know it's Austin and all but the handle bar has to go, ha!!

18. Christina Linnell
    November 30, 2011 | 7:07 pm

November 30, 2011 | 7:07 pm

It's weird because I have never had a hard time smoking occasionally and then stopping. This year has just been especially stressful and I totally pulled out my oldest crutch.

You're right. I'm definitely NOT quitting for me.

Also, I really enjoyed your post on Aiming Low regarding this particular subject…spot on.

November 30, 2011 | 7:07 pm

You're right. I'm definitely NOT quitting for me.

November 30, 2011 | 7:08 pm

Thank you for the support. I'm definitely needing it these days. I just WANT to smoke, I know I shouldn't but I do. I appreciate you pulling for me.

November 30, 2011 | 7:08 pm

November 30, 2011 | 7:08 pm

It really was an awful mustache. I cannot stand that feeling of hair on my face during kisses.

November 30, 2011 | 7:08 pm

November 30, 2011 | 7:10 pm

True. I love it…no matter how gross it is. I'm glad he was willing to give me some extra motivation.

November 30, 2011 | 7:10 pm

November 30, 2011 | 8:41 pm

Ick to facial hair!!ย  I know it's hard, I'm a closet social smoker – don't tell anyone!ย  It one of the reasons I love being pregnant actually, which sounds just awful!

November 30, 2011 | 8:41 pm

29. Leigh Ann
    November 30, 2011 | 9:34 pm

Hahaha! What a man. I have never been a smoker, but my husband was for a few years, and my mom has been almost her entire life. All I have to say is QUIT! I'll spare you deets here, but I do wish you the best of luck in trying. At least you know that you WANT to quit, right? ๐Ÿ™‚

30. Leigh Ann
    November 30, 2011 | 9:34 pm

31. Jessica
    December 1, 2011 | 1:13 am

Good deal. I have faith you can keep up your end of the bargain.ย

32. Jessica
    December 1, 2011 | 1:13 am

Good deal. I have faith you can keep up your end of the bargain.ย

December 10, 2011 | 4:07 pm

Yes, quitting is worth it, but when will I quit wanting a cigarette EVERY DAY!?

December 10, 2011 | 4:07 pm

Yes, quitting is worth it, but when will I quit wanting a cigarette EVERY DAY!?

December 10, 2011 | 4:09 pm

It's totally easy for me to not smoke during pregnancy, and I've always been a social smoker, it's just that I started smoking at home (outside, of course) rather than just when we'd go out. It totally became a habit and I didn't want my kids watching me smoke.

December 10, 2011 | 4:09 pm

December 10, 2011 | 4:11 pm

As a nurse, I totally know how awful smoking is. It's amazing so many health care professionals smoke, right? I think it's just one of those things that you don't see what's happening within and you don't find out until it's too late – you smoke. I never meant to re-start, it just sort of happened.ย  This is the most difficult time I've had quitting, though. Yick.

December 10, 2011 | 4:11 pm

December 10, 2011 | 4:12 pm

Next, I'll be following in your footsteps and getting my rear off the couch to exercise!

December 10, 2011 | 4:12 pm