Blogroll (Part 1)

The other night I was explaining to Elijah how amazing my two years online has been. How many talented writers I’ve “met” and how much support and acceptance I feel from my online community. He swears that he told me when I started that I’d get out of it what I put in, but I don’t ever recall that conversation.

Either way, even though it took me a little longer than most to step out of my comfort zone and connect with people, I am so glad I did and lately I’ve been wondering how I could honor those who have helped make my blogging experience so wonderful. I think my move to WP has finally presented me with the perfect opportunity.

As I update my Blogroll I’m going to post my reasons for putting these links up and give some background as to why I’m including these amazing sites. I hope by doing this, I can express to these women how much I appreciate their friendship and support.

According to Chip and Bobo

One of the first blogs I ever commented on was written by Booyah’s Momma. I found her post Tag You’re It (in May of 2010!) and felt an instant connection to her. Kayleen has been amazingly supportive and kind, eventually providing me with this lovely WP redesign, in addition to being among my first non-IRL blog readers. Her comments pulled me out of my shell, and made me less afraid of meeting others.

Taming Insanity

Kristin from Taming Insanity just happened to be an extension from Booyah’s Momma, where she wrote a guest post.  But she won me over with How to Lose a Gut in Ten Days and made me want to be her friend forever. After social media stalking her for months she sent out a desperate tweet for help and I jumped at the chance. She gave me my first guest blogging opportunity ever, and it was the equivalent of a bloggy rock star moment for me. She is hilarious and real and I’m so glad to have stumbled upon her.

Bees With Honey

I couldn’t put the first edition of my blogroll out without including Bruna of Bees With Honey. When she first commented on my completely unknown, brand newish, blog, I didn’t realize how lucky I was that she just happened to find me. Is there anyone who doesn’t love her? She is one of the kindest people I’ve had the pleasure of interacting with. Her site is warm and accepting and she hosts Let’s Bee Friends, a linkup that spotlights bloggers and encourages finding new friends and supporting each other. In the spirit of this, I’ll be linking each Blogroll post up with her linky, because I believe that’s the spirit of the meme.

There are many more that I’ll be adding throughout the year. There are so many of you for which I’m thankful and I look forward to honoring every one who has touched my life these past few years. Thank you!

Let's BEE Friends

28 Responses to Blogroll (Part 1)
  1. Bruna
    March 9, 2012 | 11:53 am

Oh Marina! You’re so sweet. Thank you for the kindest words ever. I’m so glad I found your blog too and can remember being drawn into it at first by the super cool design and layout of your blog. Thank YOU for always linking up on Fridays for #LetsBEEfriends. Wouldn’t be the same without you AND I appreciate you supporting my weekly series. You rock!

March 12, 2012 | 2:01 pm

It’s amazing the gifts of friendship we find online. I am so glad that you kept coming back in the beginning, especially when I was hesitant to branch out and make new friends. You are an amazing woman and I’m lucky to have a glimpse into your life.

2. Bruna
    March 9, 2012 | 11:53 am

March 12, 2012 | 2:01 pm

3. Booyah's Momma
    March 9, 2012 | 12:37 pm

You, my friend, are too sweet.

I’ve probably told you this before, but your comments on my blog were some of the first I received from people I didn’t know. That means the world to me.

I feel super lucky to have met you. Really, really.

March 12, 2012 | 2:04 pm

I am still surprised that I even left a comment. It must have been the mention of beer that made me feel connected to you instantly. 🙂

Also, you are a damn fine writer, really. Which is why I am willing to wait patiently for you to post.

And you made me beautiful!

4. Booyah's Momma
    March 9, 2012 | 12:37 pm

You, my friend, are too sweet.

I feel super lucky to have met you. Really, really.

March 12, 2012 | 2:04 pm

And you made me beautiful!

5. Mama and the City
    March 9, 2012 | 1:34 pm

Wow! Two years in the blog world! Congrats mamacita. And what a nice idea of making a post of your blogroll mentiones. That is very special of you to do.

I would never forget that I met you through Bruna and knew more about you and connected instantly with you.

hugs hugs

March 12, 2012 | 2:06 pm

You’re next!

Seriously, I can’t believe how supportive and helpful you’ve been to me since your first visit. I am looking forward to many more years of knowing you and maybe a fly-out for that enviably exclusive tweetup you all do w/o us!

6. Mama and the City
    March 9, 2012 | 1:34 pm

hugs hugs

March 12, 2012 | 2:06 pm

You’re next!

7. Life As Wife
    March 9, 2012 | 7:06 pm

Marina you are one of the most supportive people ever!

March 12, 2012 | 2:07 pm

I may miss a day or two, but I always come by to read your posts. You are inspiring. And I’m loving the IG pics of your life and family.

8. Life As Wife
    March 9, 2012 | 7:06 pm

Marina you are one of the most supportive people ever!

March 12, 2012 | 2:07 pm

9. Kristin
    March 10, 2012 | 5:46 am

You are a good friend. Having good people living in my computer makes me feel great and it makes me want to be a better friend.

March 12, 2012 | 2:08 pm

I feel the exact same way. Thank you for being one of those good people.

10. Kristin
    March 10, 2012 | 5:46 am

March 12, 2012 | 2:08 pm

I feel the exact same way. Thank you for being one of those good people.

11. Stasha
    March 11, 2012 | 12:29 am

Love these ladies! YOu are a wonderful writer, I really enjoy visiting here. And you look good on WP!

March 12, 2012 | 2:10 pm

Thank you! I’m always so happy when I see you’ve “stopped by.” These bloggers are my first favorites, they really helped me feel safe stepping outside my comfort zone.

And I only look good because of Kayleen!

12. Stasha
    March 11, 2012 | 12:29 am

March 12, 2012 | 2:10 pm

And I only look good because of Kayleen!

13. Sarcasm Goddess
    March 11, 2012 | 4:11 pm

I really love this idea. I have found so many great friends through blogging and I want other people to love and stalk them too. I want to list them all but I know it is incredibly overwhelming for someone else to read a list of bajillion blogs I love and check them out. I’ve tinkered with the idea of highlighting a few every once in awhile.

March 12, 2012 | 2:12 pm

I think you should! I love looking at blogrolls, but it’s so much more personal when you write about why you’ve added people. There are just so many amazing people writing out here, it’s nice to have a reason to find another voice.

14. Sarcasm Goddess