Guilty No More

I wasn’t sure I was going to get this list posted in time. It’s been a rough weekend and I’m still recovering from 24 hours of crazy ER shifts.

Better late than never though, right?

Here’s the list of my TOP 10 GUILTY PLEASURES!

1. Starbucks – I realize for some this is a staple, but for me, there is nothing more decadent than spending $5 on a cup of fancy coffee.

2. Witches – Books, TV shows, general lore, I love all things witches. My current TV obsession is The Secret Circle and I’m eagerly anticipating Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness (it’s the sequel to A Discovery of Witches).

3. Teeny Bopper Movies – I’ll watch an overdone rendition of the sad, lonely, awkward girl and the star of the high school sports team at every opportunity.

4. Emo-ish boy bands – There is something irresistible, at least to me, about a tattooed and pierced guitar wielding boy, singing songs about how misunderstood he is.

5. Snickers Ice Cream Bars – Peanuts, caramel and ice cream. Done.

6. Pedicures – Completely unnecessary yet unbelievably uplifting.

7. Shoes – I have pairs that I’ve never worn in public. I love shoes.

8. Kate Spade Bags – Almost every bag I own is Kate Spade. For me to use any other brand feels sacrilegious.

9. Good food – The amount of money I’m willing to spend on a single meal infuriates my husband. I find it indulgent, unnecessary, and completely fulfilling.

10. An evening of big girl drinks and smokes – What can I say? It reminds me of my youth!

20 Responses to Guilty No More
  1. Anna
    April 2, 2012 | 6:51 pm

I love your list. Shoes and a great meal can both be expensive but can also be SO uplifting, mood changing and have magical, feel-good properties 🙂 Have you read The Witching Hour by Anne Rice? One of my favorites by her about a family of witches. Great list and loved the topic this week!

2. Anna
    April 2, 2012 | 6:51 pm

April 2, 2012 | 7:50 pm

I am so into pedis and smokes with the girls. Though one suffers because of cost-cutting measures and the other because of my daughter and the school programs telling her the “dangers of smoking.” And for an ER nurse…am sure Starbucks is a necessity not a luxury.

• Stasha
      April 3, 2012 | 12:57 pm

Hear hear! It is a necessity. Cannot have Marina’s hands shake 🙂

April 2, 2012 | 7:50 pm

• Stasha
      April 3, 2012 | 12:57 pm

Hear hear! It is a necessity. Cannot have Marina’s hands shake 🙂

5. Stasha
    April 2, 2012 | 8:33 pm

My heart bleeds everytime I spend $5 for coffee too. Thank you for doing this, I know you are whipped out but you truly are one awesome lady. Great topic,we are really enjoying it!

6. Stasha
    April 2, 2012 | 8:33 pm

7. Christine @ Love, Life, Surf
    April 2, 2012 | 9:44 pm

I am so with you on #3 and #4. I too have a weakness for handbags, bags, purses, totes – pretty much every iteration. Drives my husband crazy. I’ve run out of room to store them. But, I’d have to disagree about the pedicures – they are completely necessary! This is such a great topic and thank you for choosing it!

8. Christine @ Love, Life, Surf
    April 2, 2012 | 9:44 pm

9. Jessica
    April 3, 2012 | 2:55 pm

I found a very cute Kate Spade bag the other day that I’m thinking I need to buy.

10. Jessica
    April 3, 2012 | 2:55 pm

11. jacqui
    April 4, 2012 | 7:22 am

Great list! I could definitely include several of these on mine!

12. jacqui
    April 4, 2012 | 7:22 am

Great list! I could definitely include several of these on mine!

13. Kathryn
    April 4, 2012 | 5:35 pm

I love this list and all the thing on it….minus the witches and boy bands.

14. Kathryn
    April 4, 2012 | 5:35 pm

I love this list and all the thing on it….minus the witches and boy bands.

15. Recovering Supermom
    April 6, 2012 | 12:36 pm

Ah, I also enjoy pedicures! I haven’t gotten one in quite a while…maybe I should put it on my mother’s day wish list. 🙂
    And the Snickers ice cream bar sounds delicious!
    Your emo-ish boy bands and teeny bopper movie items make me laugh! 🙂
    Fun list!

16. Recovering Supermom
    April 6, 2012 | 12:36 pm

And the Snickers ice cream bar sounds delicious!
    Your emo-ish boy bands and teeny bopper movie items make me laugh! 🙂
    Fun list!

17. Julie
    April 9, 2012 | 10:49 pm

Ok, here’s my internet secret…I enjoy a smoke and a drink here and there. There’s really nothing like it. I don’t know why. Maybe it makes me feel irresponsible and young again?

18. Julie