The World Ain’t Slowin’ Down

Asher started 3rd Grade yesterday.

We all survived…barely.

I’ve never been the type of mother to worry over her kids growing older. The more independent they become, the more joy I get from parenting. I love watching them grow, seeing who these little people are becoming.

However, this year, preparing for Asher to begin 3rd grade, remembering the little man who snuggled into me every evening, sort of choked me up. I’m a mother beaming at her growing boy and tearing up about the loss of her first born son – all in a single breath.

He’s fantastic. He will do amazing things. And I will smile and sob at the same time.

Mamamash

36 Responses to The World Ain’t Slowin’ Down
  1. Greta @gfunkified
    August 28, 2012 | 9:09 pm

Hear, hear. Smiling and sobbing…..mothers do it best, don’t they?! He is such a handsome little man, and he’s going to do amazing things!

Thanks for linking up!!

August 29, 2012 | 2:16 pm

Thank you, I really do enjoy watching him turn into his own little person.

Also, I am super excited to be back with iPPP!

2. Greta @gfunkified
    August 28, 2012 | 9:09 pm

Thanks for linking up!!

August 29, 2012 | 2:16 pm

Thank you, I really do enjoy watching him turn into his own little person.

Also, I am super excited to be back with iPPP!

3. Katie E
    August 29, 2012 | 4:53 am

I already commented on his super smile on instagram (and I’m still loving it), but I missed his cool hair on the small screen! I love it!

I hope he has a great third grade – my middle girl started third grade on Monday and she’s been happy so far.

August 29, 2012 | 2:17 pm

Third grade is nuts, isn’t it? Supposedly they are going to make him all responsible and such. We’ll see…

Glad you stopped by to see the larger version of my IG photo!

4. Katie E
    August 29, 2012 | 4:53 am

August 29, 2012 | 2:17 pm

Glad you stopped by to see the larger version of my IG photo!

5. Farrah
    August 29, 2012 | 7:27 am

I love living in a place where kids are happy to start school! Here’s a high five mama 🙂 Enjoy!

August 29, 2012 | 2:21 pm

I’m not sure he meant to look so happy, but I’m glad he does. He has a wonderful school so I’m looking forward to a great year.

6. Farrah
    August 29, 2012 | 7:27 am

August 29, 2012 | 2:21 pm

7. Ducky
    August 29, 2012 | 8:01 am

With every stage I think “this is the best! It can’t get better than this”…..and then it does!

August 29, 2012 | 3:13 pm

Isn’t that one of the greatest things about having kids?!

It’s the only thing that keeps me from spinning out of control when people tell me that “I should cherish this time because I’ll miss it.” I know in my heart that something awesome is just around the corner!

8. Ducky
    August 29, 2012 | 8:01 am

August 29, 2012 | 3:13 pm

Isn’t that one of the greatest things about having kids?!

August 29, 2012 | 9:01 am

I like the independence too but man… they need to slow down a bit! i’m going to be a wreck soon!

August 29, 2012 | 2:18 pm

I am thinking the older one could slow down a bit, but the younger one (my tempestuous 3yr old) could speed up. Maybe if they met around 10 we could hang there for a few years!

August 29, 2012 | 9:01 am

August 29, 2012 | 2:18 pm

11. Mamamash
    August 29, 2012 | 11:18 am

He’s really fashionable! I hope his year is amazing. 🙂

August 29, 2012 | 2:23 pm

You have to know that I picked it out. He couldn’t care less what he wears and still lets/makes me lay out his clothes everyday. I really hope I can handle it when he becomes more particular about his “style.”

12. Mamamash
    August 29, 2012 | 11:18 am

He’s really fashionable! I hope his year is amazing. 🙂

August 29, 2012 | 2:23 pm

13. Jamie@SouthMainMuse
    August 29, 2012 | 3:27 pm

Third grade here starts a different school. Children move from the Primary School K-2 to the Elementary 3-5. I always am amazed at how much the children — especially the boys — seem to mature almost overnight once they get to the Elementary. Here’s to a great school year.

August 29, 2012 | 4:32 pm

I’ve always heard that third grade is a “growing up” year. I’m really looking forward to a little more independence for both of us!

14. Jamie@SouthMainMuse
    August 29, 2012 | 3:27 pm

August 29, 2012 | 4:32 pm

15. Rach (DonutsMama)
    August 29, 2012 | 8:00 pm

We’re still a few years away from this, but it’s already hurting!

16. Rach (DonutsMama)
    August 29, 2012 | 8:00 pm

We’re still a few years away from this, but it’s already hurting!

17. It's A Dome Life
    August 30, 2012 | 8:08 am

I can completely relate to this. It’s so amazing to watch them grow up and still makes you sad at the same time. The days go by too fast.

18. It's A Dome Life
    August 30, 2012 | 8:08 am

19. Sarah @sundayspill
    August 30, 2012 | 8:35 pm

I think lots of us mamas are smiling and sobbing right along with you. My oldest just started Kindergarten, and while I know third grade is SO MUCH older, I can’t help but feel like my little snuggly boy is becoming…less so. Spreading wings is beautiful, but sometimes painful to watch. You’re right, of course. He’ll do amazing things! No doubt.

20. Sarah @sundayspill
    August 30, 2012 | 8:35 pm

21. Mama Pants
    August 31, 2012 | 7:32 am

I love his big grin in the first pic 🙂 I just sent mine off to pre-school. It’s gonna fly by to this isn’t it?

22. Mama Pants