A New Life

Things have been quiet around here and I’m finally feeling quieter inside.

It’s not that I haven’t had anything to say, instead, I think I lacked the desire to say what I was thinking or feeling out loud.

2012 was a difficult year. And I just wasn’t able to share those difficulties here, no matter how much strength I receive from those who visit and comment. Instead I leaned on the people closest to me, and tried to remain in touch with my online friends through Instagram, Facebook and, on the rarest of occasions, Twitter.

I’m still not sure how much of me will inhabit this space in 2013. I do miss being here. But I’ve so enjoyed living my life without the added worry of how I would document it.

I know I’ve discussed the difficulties I have balancing the various aspects of my family, career and personal life. I feel like I’m constantly searching for a way to fit everything together neatly, and do all things perfectly. Although, I realize perfection in all things is impossible, I can’t help but want to find a way to live a better, fuller life. Either way, I’m hoping to continue balancing my life as I have these past few months and also work on adding in new aspects that bring me joy.

This post is a start. I’m hoping it’ll be one of many in 2013.

Here’s to a more joyful new year!

12 Responses to A New Life
  1. Stacey
    January 7, 2013 | 8:49 am

Perfection is impossible. Just do your best and let that be enough. I hope you find the balance you are looking for this year.

• Miss Marina Star
      January 8, 2013 | 5:03 pm

Thank you! I am just hoping to eventually have something besides this to blog about! 🙂

2. Stacey
    January 7, 2013 | 8:49 am

• Miss Marina Star
      January 8, 2013 | 5:03 pm

January 7, 2013 | 6:27 pm

Well, I am looking forward to reading more posts!

I too struggle with trying to balance life, work, my blog, and everything in between. There are far to many people out here in the blogosphere who make it look so easy… I don’t know how they do it.

Here’s looking to a wonderful 2013!

• Miss Marina Star
      January 8, 2013 | 5:06 pm

That’s so true! And every time I ask how it’s done, no one seems to actually know! I am just hoping I can continue to enjoy this aspect of “the madness” because I really have missed all my webby friends.

January 7, 2013 | 6:27 pm

Well, I am looking forward to reading more posts!

Here’s looking to a wonderful 2013!

• Miss Marina Star
      January 8, 2013 | 5:06 pm

5. gingerface
    January 7, 2013 | 11:44 pm

You can’t please everyone all the time. Thank you for sharing. It was honest like the rest of you.

• Miss Marina Star
      January 8, 2013 | 5:05 pm

Nice user name…you planning on sticking with it? I’ll continue to blog if you continue to comment as “Gingerface.”

Nice to see you’re still stopping by.

6. gingerface
    January 7, 2013 | 11:44 pm

• Miss Marina Star
      January 8, 2013 | 5:05 pm

Nice to see you’re still stopping by.